- Reach new audiences interested in cruise line travel.
- Amplify the actionability of their offering.
- Move prospective customer through the purchase journey in an efficient way.
- Formulated a plan with behavioural planning specialists Total Media; an independent agency that connects brands to people.
- Used YouTube in unison with products such as TrueView for Action (incl. tCPA bidding).
- Set up bumper ads for retargeting.
- 38% Increase in direct site traffic.
- 230% Increase in CTRs.
- 883% Uplift in Fred. Olsen keyword searches.
“YouTube provided us with the perfect platform to extend the reach of TV campaigns, and to reach new, relevant & in market audiences. And the results have been fantastic!”
- Ben Williams, Head of Marketing, Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines
About the company
Fred. Olsen was founded in Oslo, Norway
Intimately sized ships for a more personal cruising experience
Years of sailing the world
About the goals
Whether it’s on rivers or oceans, Fred. Olsen sail to incredible destinations and are dedicated to forging unforgettable memories. They provide carefully crafted holiday experiences that range from weekend breaks in Europe, to around the world voyages. Reliant on Direct Response TV spending to generate actions, Fred. Olsen wanted to use YouTube to reach new audiences, amplify their actionability and efficiently move clients down the funnel in a measurable way.
As well as increasing brand visibility, Fred. Olsen wanted to halt the decreasing ticket sales they were experiencing. To achieve this, they formulated a plan with behavioural planning specialists Total Media; an independent agency that connects brands to people. Utilising YouTube in unison with products such as TrueView for Action and bumper ads for remarketing, they were able to reach new audiences and move them down the funnel efficiently.
What is Google Ads?
Google Ads is an advertising service by Google for businesses that want to display ads on Google search results and its advertising network.Try Google Ads now
Increase in direct site traffic
Increase in CTRs
Uplift in Fred. Olsen keyword searches
Immediately Fred. Olsen experienced a brand lift. Search interest for the keywords ‘Fred Olsen’ saw a dramatic increase ranging from 152% up to 883%. Alongside this uplift spike, direct traffic to the Fred Olsen site increased by 38.5% and CTRs also jumped by 230%. This plan is evidence that Google’s solutions, incorporating TrV for Action and Custom Intent Audiences, helped augment the performance of videos, effectively driving traffic and actions.
Sign yourself up today
- 1. Create an account
- 2. Set your budget
- 3. Write your first ad and decide where it's going to appear
Or call today for account support from a Google specialist. Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm
Request a follow up
If you need support for your Google Ads account, please fill in this form and we will do our best to get back to you within 2 working days.