- Capture in-market customers who are actively searching for the products they sell
- Generate demand & reach new audiences
- Scale & grow sustainably while competing against bigger, established retailers
- Supported SEO with paid Google Ads, which enabled Princess Polly to show up amongst far more established brands
- Used YouTube to target an upper funnel audience who were still in the exploration phase, leveraging existing social assets
- Incrementally test & scale successful initiatives, ensuring sustainable growth in cash flow
- Google Pay Per Click is one of the most profitable channels in Princess Polly’s business, making up 51% of revenue.
- Achieved 30:1 ROI
- Princess Polly has now grown from an Australian beachside start-up to an international success employing over 300 staff across Australia and the US
“We wouldn’t be here without using Google Ads. I was blown away by the results. Today, it’s a fundamental part of our business. It’s helped us scale massively. So I’d definitely recommend it.”
- Dane Walker, Global Marketing Director, Princess Polly
About the company
Princess Polly was founded in a Gold Coast apartment selling women’s fashion online
Employees are currently employed at Princess Polly, a global powerhouse
Princess Polly’s goals
Princess Polly is an e-commerce retailer that began in true startup fashion, from a beachside apartment on the Gold Coast in 2010.
Their mentality as a business has remained the same from the beginning. Continue learning and trying new things, growing sustainably and keeping their customers at the core of everything they do.
Princess Polly’s approach
Princess Polly knew that Google was critical to their business, but using SEO alone wasn’t enough to compete with much larger brands. Therefore, Princess Polly started using Google Ads’ Search & Smart Shopping Campaigns to reach customers searching with an active mindset, with intent to buy.
In 2019, a customer survey showed that a third of Princess Polly’s audience were on YouTube daily. This drove Princess Polly to advertise on YouTube, to connect with their customers more impactfully with sight, sound and motion. Importantly, Princess Polly was able to re-purpose creatives from social media and tweak it for YouTube to maximise the reach of their best authentic content.
Princess Polly’s results
Search & Smart Shopping ads delivered 30:1 ROI for Princess Polly, exceeding their ROI goals. From these results, Princess Polly grew their investment, and today, Google Ads drives 51% of Princess Polly’s revenue.
Princess Polly also ran YouTube campaigns, which drove a 600% increase in total conversion and an ROI of 20:1. These results fuelled their growth to a team of 300, and accelerated international expansion to the US.
Get more customers with Google Ads
- 1. Choose your advertising goal
- 2. Advertise with search, display or video
- 3. Set your budget and go live
Or call us for help and answer any questions. Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm AEST