Carrefour Italia operates over 1000 grocery stores and neighborhood markets across Italy. After using location extensions for Display to run seasonal brand campaigns, the brand relied on store visits measurement to track its impact. As a result, Carrefour Italia saw a 25% store visits conversion rate, driving more in-store traffic with 90% of that traffic led by mobile.
Founded in 1993, Carrefour Italia is a European leader in grocery retail with over €4.8B in revenues in 2016. The company operates over 1,000 grocery stores across all of Italy's 18 regions and has nearly 20,000 employees.
of clicks on display ads led to an in-store visit
of display store visits were driven by mobile
- Drive foot traffic to stores
- Increase brand awareness
- Understand how display ads impact the bottom line
- Expanded its campaigns to include display ads, driving more shoppers in-store with seasonal brand campaigns and events, like music festivals and discounts for Christmas and Easter
- Used location extensions for Display campaigns to show online shoppers nearby store locations
- Implemented store visits measurement for the Google Display Network (GDN) to better understand how its ads influence in-store traffic
- Segmented store visits data by device to see which platforms were more effective at driving in-store traffic
Store visits measurement has changed how we approach our digital campaigns. Access to these valuable insights is the first step in driving success for businesses facing the future challenges of the retail industry.
– Federica Palermini, Brand Communication & Digital Innovation Manager at Carrefour Italia
Sign yourself up today
- 1. Create an account
- 2. Set your budget
- 3. Write your first ad and decide where it's going to appear
Or call today for account support from a Google specialist. Mon-Fri, 9am-9pm ET